[Coladam] I'm back!

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 17 00:41:31 EDT 2005

Hey everyone!

Well, I'm back. After a two plus year long absence from the ADAM
community I decided to pick up the habit again.

I just bought a floppy drive and am starting to tinker with the ol' ADAM
again. I kept an expansion module #3 and a boxed standalone system from
my collection from before and sold everything else off to help with the
expenses on my new house purchase. Well, judging from the state of the
house now I'm very well settled (read: this place is a disaster!) and
now I'm starting to re-collect some of the stuff that I'm fond of that I
had to give up for the house purchase. Everything is going well, I'm
still in Huntsville, AL working at a company here called ADTRAN (for the
past four years and three months...gosh, doesn't seem like that long ago
now) working on DSL equipment for the telephone companies (mainly ADSL
these days, but I did do work with HDSL and HDSL2 before that). I do
mainly programming on these products, however I have done a couple of
hardware design projects as well. Other than that I've been keeping
myself busy with house chores and car hobby stuff. The car project has
been stalled for quite some time now, due to a fender-bender (my fault
:( ) on my '88 Tbird Turbo Coupe earlier this year. D'oh!

For the ADAM I still need to get a couple bits and pieces (serial card
and expansion memory would be nice...maybe another floppy drive too),
and some software would be good to have as well.

I'll be lurking... :)

*Geoff!*