[Coladam] "Get Booty" mini game competition game

Dale Wick dalemwick at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 10 10:59:53 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've been working on a complex game for the mini game competition, and
needed a break.  So I made a simple game for fun.  I may manage to get it
into shape to submit to the competition as well.  Anyway, try it out, and
enjoy.

It is inspired by the ancient Byte Magazine type-in game "pillbox" for the
TRS-80.

I've attached two screen shots, but you can download the game from:

http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/minigames/getbooty.rom

or if you're interested in the source check out:

http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/minigames/getbooty.zip

In the game you are a pirate gunner.  Your goal is to disable the other ship
by destroying both main masts at the base.  You can aim by moving the gun
left and right along the deck.  You fire with fire button 1.  You can tilt
the gun with up and down on the joystick.  You only have a limited amount of
ammo (cannon balls) and if you fail, we will all be tried and most likely
hung until dead (game over).  The amount of treasure you collect depends on
how quickly you can disable the other ship.  If you get it in fewer shots,
less treasure will be lost.

The display across the top tells the story, with the number of cannon balls
left, the count of how many main sails on the target ship are still
standing, and the amount of treasure we've collected.  For this game we only
attack merchant ships with no cannons to fire back at us.

Dale