[Coladam] IDE

Slopsema, Doug dslopsema at hollowdreams.com
Mon Jan 9 19:04:18 EST 2006

It is an interesting idea.  From what I can remember there was an issue
with the internal IDE controller working with faster IDE drives.  If the
IDE drive ran too fast it wouldn't work reliably with the Adam because
there appeared to be a lack of buffering on the controller.  The faster
drives would return the data quicker than the controller was expecting
and not acknowledge the data transfer.  I am afraid that the
compactFlash card is going to run much faster than one of the older IDE
hard drives so it may have the same problem as the 1gb and newer drives
that I had tried.  As to where to get an adapter, I have seen them at
various computer stores on the web.  The following is one such link:
http://www.computergate.com/products/item.cfm?prodcd=IFICFD5