[Coladam] 1982 ColecoVision TV ad...

oltmansg at bellsouth.net oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 30 12:06:07 EST 2006

Yeah, I had noticed that too... although it is not unusual for people to bid things up in the last few minutes of an auction on eBay. The feedback rating of the people that were bidding is the questionable bit.  I'd say a few hundred bucks for a sealed-in box colecovision is reasonable as a collectors item, but this price is a bit rediculous. If you look at the bid history, the $500 range looks more appropriate.

I don't trust the proxy bidding on eBay and never bid on anything that I really want to get until the very last, otherwise you are simply working against yourself, since you'll have less chance of the looky-loos and shills bidding up the auction on you if you wait.

You can argue that you should just bid the max you're willing to pay, but you can do that at the very end of the auction too, and stand a better chance of paying less than your max than you would otherwise (and probably win the auction too). At least time is on your side that way.

*Geoff!*