[Coladam] Disk Drive Part 2

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 8 21:36:34 EST 2006

Dana Eckel wrote:
> Well, I have had the drive apart, cleaned out the dust
> bunnies and chased out the roaches. Cleaned the head,
> and use the keyboard cable, and it is still a fussy
> child.
> I have heard of people who have upgraded there drives
> to 320k drives. How do I do this, and would that chase
> my problems away?
> I haven't played with the pot on it yet, that will be
> a last resort.

Dana... the symptoms sound like maybe you have the connection from the
computer to the drive plugged in the wrong port. Have you tried both ports?

If the drive continues to spin with the drive activity light on while
plugged into the computer, this might be the problem. Does the activity
light go out while unplugged from the computer?