[Coladam] Adamcon Survey

Guy Bona-AdamEm Utilities adamemut at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 10 22:03:20 EDT 2006

Ok Rich and everyone else,

This one is a plain text file
-------------- next part --------------
Adamcon 18 Saturday Afternoon Survey

Greetings Everyone,

As plans continue to evolve Adamcon 18. We are continuing the tradition of a Saturday afternoon trip in or around the Chicago Area. To help plan for this, I’m listing a few ideas that either some of you or myself have come up with.

1. Adler Planetarium-www.adlerplanetarium.org. This is a space museum and one of the best sky shows you will ever experience. The admission cost includes both the museum and the sky show. There is another sky show theater and that will be extra in addition to the first one.

2. Shedd Aquarium-www.sheddaquarium.org. This houses of the best overall species of aquatic life around. There is the famous Oceanarium which has the beluga whales and many others. Admission costs vary from seeing the aquarium only to both the aquarium and oceanarium.

3. Illinois Railway Museum in Union-irm.org. This museum houses all the old L cars, Interurbans, trolley cars, diesels and locomotives from not only in Chicago, but all over the country. Admission covers not only the grounds, but unlimited demonstration rides of trains running that day. On July 15th, the museum will have most of the diesel locomotives out that day for rides. Parking is free.

4. Fox River Trolley Museum-South Elgin. This is another museum that has interurbans and old CTA L cars, including 6101-6102 in it’s original colors. The museum and parking is free. But, if you want to ride one of the trains, it is extra. And the train travels over part of the Chicago, Aurora and Elgin tracks.

We can discuss arrangements for all of us driving to whatever event we vote on. All of the museums are open until 5:00 PM. So, we should leave right after lunch. Note, we will have to pay to park in the Chicago Park District lot if we go to either the Adler Planetarium or the Shedd Aquarium. The cost is $16. I will look into group rates for all of the museums.