[Coladam] Presentations Slots for Adamcon 18

Ron Mitchell bytehacker at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 1 20:22:59 EDT 2006

Guy:

As per our chat last night, I've asked Dale to allow me an hour and a
half.... for the following presentation:

Ron's Snake Pit - the Sordid History

An overview of the place known over the years as "the Snakepit", which was
home to all sorts of computers- past and present, big and small, major and
minor. Some Adamites have been there, seen that, and never did get the
t-shirt.  But they did see for themselves an assembled array of computing
devices unparalleled in the history of the modern technology.

We'll have a look at what was there, what it was used for, and what part it
played in what was billed by some as the least productive computer lab of
all time. The session is intended to build on the information provided by
Murray McCullough, and to illustrate the point that no matter how many
computers I owned at any given time, there was always room for one more.

Where did they come from?  What happened to them?  Where are they now?

Learn everything that you didn't want to know about the snakepit in 90 easy
minutes.

Cheers

Ron Mitchell