[Coladam] Re: help

Ron Mitchell bytehacker at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 10 19:59:19 EDT 2006

Never heard of Smart Logo plus 2.0. That's an item of trivia to bring up in
Chicago later this week.

Re the disk images..... let's go back to the beginning. I presume from what
I've read that you're trying to convert some 5-1/4 inch floppies that Dave
Cobley gave you into disk images that you can use with the emulator? Do you
have a working ADAM disk drive? ie - can you format a 5-1/4 inch floppy for
use with your Adam? You've probably already give me this info, but sometimes
I don't read too good these days.

Just for info, I've had horribly mixed results with high density 5-1/4 inch
floppies using high density 5-1/4 inch drives. You're right. The setup
worked best with an old 486 with a 360k floppy drive. After that, we all got
into trouble. And yet the odd part of it was that now and again, the process
would work. I feel more safe now with my 3-1/2 inch Adam disk drive and the
3-1/2 inch floppy drive on my DOS box. And yes, I'm also more comfortable
using all of the adamem disk utility programs from a DOS command line. Just
find it easier to do. (with all due respect to the work done by Guy Bona).

By the way, Rich Drushel is now handling the signup for the coladam list.
You can actually sign yourself back up again by going to www.adamcon.org and
following the instructions at the bottom of the page.

Ron