[Coladam] IDE "hard drive" specs

Slopsema, Doug dslopsema at hollowdreams.com
Tue Aug 15 20:33:12 EDT 2006

Actually Herman, that is not exactly true.  We found out after hooking up some extra hardware that Dad has on a shelf that the external Powermate unit (could have 2 hd and 2 fd) could access both hard drives in the EOS HD Boot manager 3.8, Filemanager 3.01, and Mount11 under TDOS.  We did find newer versions of the EOS HD Boot manager and Filemanager for the Powermate in Dad's disks, but did not put them on the drive yet.

If the external Powermate unit could access two hard drives in these programs and the partitioning software for the low cost ide board can partition two hard drives I am under the assumption that with a bit of engineering the three programs should be able to be recompiled to accommodate two drives as well.