[Coladam] VDP upgrade?

Dale Wick dalemwick at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:41:36 EDT 2006

I have an AIM board on my Adam (Adam-Image-Maker).  It was a prototype
created by Osais Penseive Abacutors.  It contains a V9958 and 128k of RAM.
It works pretty well.   I wrote drivers for it for BASIC, assembly and C.
It shares all components except the addresser chip and the timing crystal
with the TIM (TI-Image-Maker).  So it would theoretically be possible to
convert a TIM into an AIM if you could find a used one.  The AIM was fist
shown at AdamCon 5, and the finished version was shown at AdamCon 9.

Since my version outputs only RGB, I use it with an NTSC RGB monitor (an
Amiga monitor is suitable), and get extremely crisp video out of it.

If you come to AdamCon in Ottawa, I'll bring it and demo the hardware line
drawing/blitting/256 colour mode.

Dale