[Coladam] some newsgroup fun

Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D. drushel at apk.net
Wed Sep 20 14:30:10 EDT 2006

	Someone posted a computer brag today in alt.slack, the newsgroup
for the Church of the SubGenius.  I felt compelled to respond :-)

	*Rich*

******************************* begin repost *******************************

> From: rfd at po.cwru.edu (Richard F. Drushel)
> Newsgroups: alt.slack
> Subject: Re: Astounding!
> Date: 20 Sep 2006 18:29:38 GMT

Artemia Salina <y2k at sheayright.com> wrote:

: I'm currently working up a shopping list to build a new computer.
: At this point it looks like I'll be getting an Intel D975XBX MoBo, a
: Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz (overclockable to 4Ghz!!), 2 Gigs of DDR2 800Mhz
: RAM, an nVidia Geforce 7600 GS (I'm not into gaming, so I don't need
: top-flight graphics), a Sound Blaster Audigy X-Fi sound card, twin WD
: Caviar SATA 320GB hard drives, a Silverstone ST56F Strider 560Watt power
: supply, and a Thermaltake Armor LCS case with integrated water cooler
: system for the CPU (upgradable with a water block for the Northbridge).

        Can't hold a candle to my Coleco ADAM Gamma E3/Delta D2 Mobo, a
Zilog Z80A 3.58 MHz (rated for 4 MHz!!), 64K of 4164 200 ns DRAM, a Texas
Instruments 9928A VDP with 16 K of VRAM, a TI 76489 sound chip with 3
voices and 1 noise channel, twin DDP high-speed tape drives, built-in
plug-n-play ADAMnet peripheral device ports, 4 expansion slots, ColecoVision
game cartridge slot, 70 Watt power supply built-in with the 12 cps daisy-
wheel letter-quality printer, 75-key full-travel keyboard with 10 command
keys and 6 SmartKeys, and a 2-color plastic convection-cooled case.  Plus
SmartWriter word processor and ADAM's Electronic Typewriter.

: Oh, and a 32" LCD HDTV monitor. Probably an Olevia.

        Oh, and a 13" color NTSC monitor.  Definitely a Commodore.

        *Rich*  (First Church of the Coleco ADAM)