[Coladam] Adamnet Harddrive

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 2 23:10:38 EDT 2006

shonmccallum at juno.com wrote:
> There was never a third party Harddrive released that worked with the Adamnet Interface. Such a device would have been awesome since it would have been
 >compatible with all software.One day all the Adam's will break down
and there will not be any replacement parts.

>    The future of the Adam is for someone to make a program that runs under Windows Vista or Windows XP that reads 3 1/2" 1.44 Disks on the Adam.
 >I have not used my Adam for many years but I have all my software
currently on 3 1/2" Disk and would be willing to pay $100 or more for a
 >professional program that would allow my computer to act like a
Adam/Colecovision system. I am only interested in running the Super
games and
 >colecovision cartridges. These are classic games. Very few people
today would consider using the Adam as a Word processor or spreadsheet
 >with the much better Microsoft products.

Well, if it's any consolation, I've been working on a port of the ADAMEM
emulator that will work in Windows XP (also compiles in Linux too). I
have something that works now and is mostly usable. The main thing is
that the sound doesn't work, but most of the basic functionality works.
I've added full-screen support that's not in the version on the
webpage... still working on a bug there. Go to
http://bellsouthpwp2.net/o/l/oltmansg/adam/ and select ADAMEm SDL port
on the sidebar. Eventually it'll have sound.

It is possible to transfer disk images using plain ol' DOS box. I did
this with my whole 5.25" disk collection one afternoon. Haven't tried it
with the 3.5" disks, but I imagine it would work just as well.

For straight up ColecoVision emulation it would be hard to beat blueMSX
I think. It is very nice from what I've seen. It even has some emulation
for composite/RF video noise to make it look more authentic.