[Coladam] ADAMEm problem

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Tue Dec 12 23:45:12 EST 2006

Ack! Help! I recently installed Windows XP on my computer after running Windows ME for years and years. After installing I tested all my programs to see if they still worked. ADAMEm and the front end ADAMEmMam still worked fine.

Tonight I went to run it and it suddenly won't work. I get an error message. It says:

ADAMEM
X#-0D, CS=01A7 IP=0003124A. The NTVDM CPU has encountered an unhandled exception. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Anyone got any ideas? I know other people have had problems running it on their XP machines, but it was working...I swear it!!!  It still runs okay on my laptop which also has XP installed.

Is there any way to make a bootable CD with some other operating system on it so I'll be able to run ADAMEm if no other fix works? I have Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and Windows ME.

Joe Blenkle
jblenkle at sacnews.net