[Coladam] Fershluginer (sp??)

Ronald Mitchell bytehacker at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 9 22:52:14 EST 2007

forgive my ignorance.....

My vocabulary has never been great, but every now and then a word
get's added.  The subject is the latest, and it came to my notice a
couple of chats ago (memory fades). Dr. D used it, and that is only
the second time in my entire 62 -2/3 year experience that I have seen
it.

I still do not know what it means, and perhaps one of you will
enlighten me.

I am prepared to acknowledge that I might be ruled "off topic" in
asking the question here. But to date, I have seen this word used
only by Adamites. The first such encounter was many years ago in a
message from one Bart "Zonker" Lynch. He told me what it meant at the
time, but alas, my life is now one continuous 'seniors moment' and I
need to be reminded of many things.

In keeping with the old rule that you never ask a question without
having first given some thought to the answer,  I did a Google search
on "fershluginer"

The results were inconclusive. Provided were many examples of the
useage of the word; ie

"Get rid of that fershluginer code......"

"My fershluginer mail program refuses to ........"

"The fershluginer skates were always coming off..........."

"I've now found this useful advice in a number of places, along with
the same fershluginer assumption that it will be no problem to find
someone with a PDA ..."

Sounds to me like "fershluginer" might be an upscale replacement for
those who feel use of another expletive might be beneath them.

There are also a couple of references to bygone Mad Magazine
exerpts.... which of course mean nothing to me. I haven't thought
about Alfred E. Newman nor  Don Martin for years.

Can anybody provide me with some fershluginer detail on this
fershluginer topic?  Word meaning? history? Yada, yada?

Ron Mitchell