[Coladam] New ADAM emulator???

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Thu Jan 25 01:50:52 EST 2007

I discovered something interesting tonight. There is an emulator called MESS (Multiple Emulator Super System). It's actually been around for a number of years, but I've noticed the latest version also has ADAM emulation. I don't know when this feature was added as I haven't MESSed (pun intended) around with the emulator for a long time.

It appears to work fairly well although I'm not sure it supports features like printing (as ADAMEm does). I tried printing something from SmartWriter and nothing happened. And I'm having trouble figuring out how to select a game difficulty level in super games -- works okay with carts, but I press a "1" on a super game to select level 1 and nothing happens. I'll have to study the controls and experiment around with it.

It emulates 250 different computer and console systems. You just need to BIOS files for them. There are three different ColecoVision emulations in addition to the ADAM:

1. A normal ColecoVision
2. A ColecoVision with a different font
3. An SV-603 Spectravideo Game Adapter

Has anyone else tried this emulator?