[Coladam] Re: Coladam Digest, Vol 26, Issue 5

shonmccallum at juno.com shonmccallum at juno.com
Wed Mar 21 13:18:03 EDT 2007

I owned a Colecovision in 1982 and purchased the Adam expansion #3 so that I could turn the videogame system into a Super game module.
My first Adam was the Expansion #3 that plugged into the Colecovision. This was purchased back in 1983 for around $600. I had to return a few before I received a working machine. The Adam’s were not totally dead on arrival. Only the built in word processor was dead on arrival. As soon as you hit the escape button to move from the electronic typewriter mode to word processing mode the entire word processing program could not be used at all and would lock up. Coleco shipped product to early and hurt there reputation.
            Back in 1983 and 1984 the Adam was the worlds best video game system. Buck Rodgers the Supergmae, Donkey Kong the Super game, Donkey Kong Junior the Super game, Zaxxon the super game, Subroc the Supergame, and many other games ran circles around other systems. Richard Scarry was almost 256K long. In the early to mid 80’s no other system had as good of version of the above listed games.