[Coladam] AdamCon news

Neil Wick neil at wick.net
Wed May 30 18:01:50 EDT 2007

Hi all,

   Our preferred date is now July 20-22, and we should have that firm very
shortly.  The August dates we discussed before were a no-go for Rich
Drushel and Erin.  I'm hoping that the July date would still leave time to
Ron's east coast trip before he have to go back to B.C.  for the first
weekend in August.

   I visited the Holiday Inn yesterday, but the banquet manager (in charge
of meeting rooms) was gone for the day.  I walked around the lobby area
and it looks like a very nice place.  I talked to the banquet manager
today and he does have the date I want available so I sent him an email
with more details and he should get back to me (maybe tomorrow).

   I've also asked for a quotation from the Best Western.  It's right
across the road from the Museum of Civilization (a likely outing
destination) and right at the end of the bridge from downtown Ottawa, so
the location is convenient. I looked at their small meeting room last week
and it seems good for what we want.  The building fascia seems to be
falling apart, but they are currently repairing the brickwork and their
website says they recently completed a 2 million dollar renovation, so I'm
sure it's in good shape.

   I have a lot of work to do on a paper I'm handing in on Friday, so I
won't really have time for the chat this week.  By next week I should be
more available.

Neil