[Coladam] AdamCon news

Neil Wick neil at wick.net
Thu May 31 00:05:32 EDT 2007

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Ron Mitchell wrote:
> Dates work for me Neil. Maritime trip is kinda questionable at this point
> anyway. If I do it, I'll do it before.
>
> Ron

   It was either July 20-22 or the following week July 27-29.  Murray
McCullough has just said that he couldn't come the 20-22nd.  I just picked
it arbitrarily since I thought it might be better for Ron.  Does anyone
have objections to the 27-29th.  There are none that I know of, but I
haven't actually asked the hotel about availability for those dates.  I'll
confirm as soon as I know.

   I'd like to be able to maintain a price structure similar to last year:
http://www.adamcon.org/pipermail/coladam/2006q2/000183.html but I don't
know if that will be possible.  In an unfortunate turn of events for
Americans coming here the American dollar has been going down and the
Canadian dollar has been trending up for many, many months and this week
the C$ hit its highest level in 30 years against the US$.  We'll see more
about the prices when I hear from the hotels.

   There is no website yet for the convention and there certainly won't be
until I get my major paper finished before the weekend.

Neil