[Coladam] AdamCon news

Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D. drushel at apk.net
Thu May 31 05:41:11 EDT 2007

[Neil Wick] spake unto the ether:

> Does anyone have objections to the 27-29th.

	Hi Neil, AFAIK that works for me and Rin.  The August proposed
dates were too close to the start of the semester here at CWRU.

> In an unfortunate turn of events for
> Americans coming here the American dollar has been going down and the
> Canadian dollar has been trending up for many, many months and this week
> the C$ hit its highest level in 30 years against the US$.

	This, plus the cost of gasoline in Canada (about $3.75 US per
gallon at current exchange rates, projected to worsen), will be a severe
financial challenge for us, since I have to drive from Cleveland to Toronto
just to start the drive to Ottawa.  Unless tourism is so impaired that the
hotels are giving good rates just to attract business, given that it's now
just 2 months before the desired date, I am not sanguine about getting rates
comparable to last year.  I estimate it will cost Rin and me over $1000 US
to attend the full convention, and we have to figure out what we can afford.

	*Rich*