[Coladam] Official Adamcon 19 announcement

Neil Wick neil at wick.net
Fri Jun 22 00:42:19 EDT 2007

Hi all,

   I am pleased to officially announced that the hotel is booked and
reserved for Adamcon 19 on July 26-29 this year.  The hotel is the Best
Western Cartier in the Hull sector of Gatineau, Quebec.  The hotel faces
the Ottawa River and its only an 800 metre walk across the bridge to
downtown Ottawa with all of its tourist attractions.  The hotel just
completed a $2 million renovation to its 155 guest rooms and other
facilities and was awarded Property of the Year last year by Tourism
Quebec.  You can see more about it at bwcartier.com (be sure to click on
the "virtual tour" where there are pictures and some 360 degree
panoramas).

   I've done some crunching on the numbers and it looks like we can keep
the base price essentially equivalent to last year.  A more official
registration form will be available sometime this weekend.  We need firm
numbers by July 4 so I can give a list to the hotel on July 5.

The base price for 4 nights, double occupancy is C$360 per person.  (Last
year was US$350 = about C$367 at current exchange rate, but we are pricing
the shirt separately this year.) This includes the meeting room, guest
room, 3 continental buffet breakfasts, 2 lunches (one at St.  Hubert
Chicken and one of soup and sandwiches in the park across the road), side
trip museum admission, the final banquet, and all taxes and gratuities.

Optional extras: overnight parking $8 per day, Adamcon t-shirt $12, switch
to American breakfasts $8 (for all 3 days).  Single occupancy: add $54 per
night.  Less days or more days add or subtract $54 per person double
occupancy.  This will make more sense when I get it laid out clearly on
the weekend.

(Also available: fridge in the room $10/day+tax, extra cot in the room
$10/day+tax  If you have more than 2 people per room, etc., let me know
and I'll figure it out.)

Continental breakfast includes: Orange Juice, Bakery Basket of Assorted
Danishes, Muffins and Croissants (2 pieces per person), Fruit Preserves &
Butter, Fresh Fruit, Cereal, Yogurt, Toast, Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee
and Assorted Teas.

American breakfast ($2/day extra + tips + taxes): add scrambled eggs,
choice of two: bacon/sausages/ham, hash brown potatoes (not clear if it
includes fruit, cereal, and yoghurt but I don't see how they could explude
those items).

We will be eating breakfast in the restaurant and using a voucher system,
so I think we can offer the option of American breakfasts to those who
would prefer them.

Neil