[Coladam] adam news

SacNews jblenkle at sacnews.net
Sat Jun 23 22:42:35 EDT 2007

That sounds promising, as well, and I encourage you to keep working on it.
Please remember, the ADAM is new to Steven Tucker and he's more in a "see if
it can be done" mode than anything else. He could very well decide it's not
worth his time and trouble. Your interface board sounds very similar to his
Atari device, except it hooks to the PC's serial port via a cable. The cable
runs to the interface card and then the Atari's cable hooks into the other
end of that.

There are two software programs that come with it. One acts as a "virtual
disk drive" -- actually I think you can hook up to eight drives to the
Atari. All as you do is click on the disk or rom image you want to run and
then turn your Atari on and the image loads from your PC.  The other allows
you to read and write disk and rom images either to your PC or back onto a
real Atari disk via the Atari disk drive.

Although I have two Atari drives, I rarely use them now since I can boot
everything from my PC. The device also allows you to use your PC printer and
modem. although I have had varying success using them. It's probably a
matter of getting the settings right.

In any case, if any of these devices see the light of day, I'll buy one!!!!

Joe B.