[Coladam] ColecoVision minigame Mist Maid 4k

Dale Wick dalemwick at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:36:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the ColecoVision game system, here is
my entry for the Minigame Competition 4k division
(http://minigamecomp.co.uk).  Daniel and I were talking on one of the chat
sessions, and somehow I got the idea to do something based on the location
of the next AdamCon (Niagra Falls).  So after some research, here is what I
have that fits in 4k.

You are the captain of the proud Maid of the Mist, taking tourists toview
Niagra Falls.  Sounds easy?  Well, to keep from being fired you need to keep
your ship in ship shape, by avoiding rocks and logs in your way.  Hit one,
and your ship will slow, and you will risk falling behind.  Hit too many and
you'll sink.  Watch for the dreaded whirlpools which are sure to sink you.

Here is a vid of the game play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zCeAwKt5wU

and attached is a screenshot.

Download and try it yourself:
http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/minigames/mistma4k.zip which includes source.

Voting doesn't open until next week, but there are lots of fun games that
you can download already from that site.

Dale