[Coladam] Mailing list test.

SacNews jblenkle at sacnews.net
Thu Mar 6 09:35:22 CET 2008

> Any updates on the new HD controller from that Atari guy?

Steve was sick for awhile and didn't get much work done on it, but I bug him
every so often. He said the hard part is done and it just needs fine tuning.
He expects to be able to devote some time to it this month. As soon as I
hear anything, I will let you know.

For those of you who missed this originally. Steven Tucker produced a device
called APE (Atari Periphrial Exchange) for the Atari 8-bit computers. He's
since updated it to USB, but the one I have runs from my PC's serial port to
the Atari computer through a small circuit board connector. It allows me to
transfer files between my Atari and PC, boot programs and disks from my PC
to the Atari, read my PC's directory from the Atari, etc.

I thought it would be a good idea to suggest a similar device for ADAM. He
became intrigued by the idea and decided to tackle the project. He obtained
an ADAM, but it had nothing with it, so I sent him a few data packs and my
spare power supply. He has successfully booted programs from his PC to the
ADAM using a USB to ADAMNet connection.

That's all I know as of this moment. If it works nearly as well as the Atari
one, it will be amazing!!!

Joe B.