[Coladam] Question about ADAMNet cables

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Tue Mar 11 15:28:22 CET 2008

On Tue, March 11, 2008 12:19 am, Joe Blenkle wrote:

> Are the six pin ADAMNet cables wired straight through as in 1-1, 2-2, 3-3,
> 4-4, 5-5, 6-6 or are they reversed as in 1-6, 2-5, 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 6-1?

    Hi Joe, they are "straight through" as far as the physical wires are
concerned.  That is, if you have a flat cable, put the crimp connector on
one end, hold the connector so it's facing you, cable pointing away, and see
(made-up colors) a red wire on the far left and a blue wire on the far right,
then you have to put the connector on the other end such that, when you hold
it with the 2nd connector facing you and the cable pointing away, the blue
wire is on the left, and the red wire is on the right.

    This probably means that, by pin-number nomenclature, it's what you
show as "reversed", since the numbering for the connector is going to start
at one side and go to the other, consistently.

[Re: splitter]

    Dunno, have to think about it.  This is one of those Y-circuit thingies
that I never quite figured out in physics :-S  Which way will the electrons
flow?  I would presume it might work, just have to verify that it is all
"straight through" as I described above.

    *Dr. D.*