[Coladam] Coladam Digest, Vol 35, Issue 6

Dale Wick dalemwick at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 23:26:38 CET 2008

So it uses 6 pin straight through RJ45 connectors I guess.  The same kind as is common for phones -- at least around here.  You should do okay with a splitter, I think, since it is a single signal wire for receive and transmit, with every device taking turns.  The biggest problem is that 6 pin splitters are quite uncommon, mostly you'll find 4 pin ones.  An alternative trick is to hook the keyboard into the back of the disk drive, leaving the front connector of the Adam open for your test expansion device.> From: jblenkle at sacnews.net> To: coladam at adamcon.org; shonmccallum at juno.com> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:16:36 -0700> Subject: Re: [Coladam] Coladam Digest, Vol 35, Issue 6> > The question I have is, why would you want to use a 6 pin phone splitter since the Adam Disk drives already have a built in 6 pin splitter that allows one to plug in another Adam Net device like a disk drive?> > More convenient access than having to plug the cable into the disk drives -- which in my case are not easy to get to on my computer desk because of other things around them. Same with the ADAM console which is in fairly tight quarters on my desk. I'm anticipating testing Steven Tucker's USB to ADAMNet device he's working on.> > Joe B.