[Coladam] SmartWriter ROMs

Troy Forsythe troy.forsythe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 16:12:11 CEST 2008

I appreciate all of the great information, your response had raised another
question for me.  You indicate that in total, SmartWriter only occupies 16K
+ 8K of code space, however the SmartWriter ROM dump for the emulator AdamEm
is 32K.  Also, I compared the dump from the emulator to two of my ROM chips
and found (I thought) that one of the ROMs matched byte for byte with 0000H
- 3FFFH of the emulator ROM dump, and the second chip matched byte for byte
with 4000H - 7FFFH of the emulator dump.

Any thoughts on this 24K vs 32K discrepancy?

The code from the SmartWriter ROMs on my board seem to indicate R80 and I
wouldn't say that there is a great deal of jumper wires on the board, at
least not compared to the other board that I have which had only empty
sockets for ROMs.

Thanks,
Troy.