[Coladam] Adam 6801 Processor

Troy Forsythe troy.forsythe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 20:43:40 CEST 2008

In tinkering with my Adam to troubleshoot it's issues a few questions were
raised about the 6801 Master located on the Memory I/O board.  The Adam
Technical Manual states that this microcomputer has 2048 bytes of ROM (sect
2.1.2).  My question is, does anyone know the contents of this ROM?  Was it
custom coded for the Adam, or is it a standard set of code for the chip from
Motorola?  Also, would the 6801 on the Memory I/O board be a identical to
the 6801 found in say the Adam keyboard?  What I'm wondering is, in my
process of testing out various components on th Adam, could I swap these
6801's around?

As always, any input is appreciated!
Troy.