[Coladam] Telegames agree

Daniel Bienvenu newcoleco at yahoo.fr
Sun Aug 3 19:57:41 CEST 2008

Hello,

I tried to contact Telegames this summer and I've got an almost immediate answer. They clarify me the situation about who own the rights on the games and what they still have for sale. They are not making new, they don't have a mold for that, they don't have extra consoles or cartridges, they only sell what they got since the coleco industries bankruptcy.

At my questions, Telegames always answered quite fast and seems to know who I am. Well, I asked if the fans like me can release a coleco tvgame with buildin games like coleco donkeykong and a cartridge slot to play even more colecovision games with it. This is their answer :

"It is a good idea - however we would not be able to develop it or fund it. If any one released any hardware we would offer to sell it and support it.
Regards"

I don't have the knowledge and money to make coleco in a chip and things like that, specially when it comes to making prototypes and mass production. But, if the coleco fans can do it, Telegames will help rather than sanctioning us.

Telegames in UK will stop their 8bit activities in the next months, but they don't tell me when exactly. But now I see them with a different eye.