[Coladam] Telegames agree

oltmansg at bellsouth.net oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 11 15:46:22 CEST 2008

Interesting... I had thought about the possibility of working on an FPGA design for the Coleco ADAM, working to replace certain components of the system piecemeal (starting with the MIOC) just as a side project. I have access to an FPGA developer board from a guy at my work. I kinda put that idea on hold when I got the MacBook and started playing around with the Emulator again. ;)

I have a couple projects still in the works on the emulator port... the first is sound. I have the three square waves working properly now, still no noise though. I need to go back through and clean up the sound driver a bit as it's a bit of a mess (as with the SDL video driver, I started with one of the other drivers as an example rather than starting from scratch). The audio driver also works with SDL.

The second thing I've been working on is adding in hard disk emulation. I added in support for the Slot 2 expansion ROM in the hopes of emulating the Powermate IDE controller. The emulator now will run the expansion ROM.

Sound is the more pressing concern right now though. Hopefully I can finish that up... in my spare time. ;)

 -------------- Original message from Daniel Bienvenu <newcoleco at yahoo.fr>: --------------