[Coladam] ROM question for ADAM

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Wed Aug 27 21:58:08 CEST 2008

On Wed, August 27, 2008 3:07 pm, Troy Forsythe wrote:

> I too have come across a system with all four sockets populated.  In my case
> it was actually a Coleco Adam Expansion Unit #3, not a full blown ADAM.
> When I dumped the chips it seemed that the EPROMS labeled ALF1, ALF2, ALF3
> contained Smartwriter code in 8K chunks.

    The addressing of the SW ROMs in the Exp.Mod.3 is probably the same
as for the center-slot 4-ROM French or German SW cards (in European ADAMs;
the traces are not connected on North American ADAMs so the cards won't work),
4 8K ROMs.  Though one of the ALF chips would have to be 16K, right, to hold
the 8K EOS ROM?  I have never opened up an Exp.Mod.3 so I don't know what it
looks like in there...

    *Rich*