[Coladam] ROM question for ADAM

Mike Jacobs lst2001 at bresnan.net
Thu Aug 28 17:36:19 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone,

 I am enjoying this discussion to no end. Even though I still don't have an
answer to my orginal question!

Ok, the only thing I know for certain is they are not capacitors!!!

I wished I hadn't made the off-the-cuff remark that maybe they were for RF
shielding ( I had a brain freeze). I seriously doubt that is what they are
for, since they would have to be conductive with one pin attached to ground.

I wish I had not trashed the one I removed, since I could be in a position
to cut one open and have an answer. If someone has one please cut the top
and see if it contain a gel. If it does then we have the answer - heat sink.
So until then, all this is just guess work, but it has been fun.

So back to my orginal question. which chips are WP (16K, 8K - U20,U21) and
which is EOS(U22)?

Best regards

Mike

P.S. Thank God I found a group of ADAMites, that share an interest in a
common subject. In the mean time I guess I'll have to get my old EPROM
reader/burned out, hooked up to find my answer.