[Coladam] Re : music files

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 9 04:51:17 CEST 2008

Yep... mod files first made their appearance on the Amiga. I believe
that they are fairly widespread in use for video games today though.
The original file formats were SoundTracker and NoiseTracker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Module_file

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Soundtracker

There's a bunch of different free players for different operating
systems out there. Been a while since I played with 'em (mainly from
the Amiga days).