[Coladam] Dr. D. and Erin immigrant visa update

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Fri Sep 12 14:46:01 CEST 2008

    Hi all, as Pam might have told people at recent chats, Erin's
immigrant visa interview was yesterday at the U.S. Consulate in
Montreal, 8:30 AM.

    We are happy to report that Erin passed the interview and has been
granted an immigrant visa and permanent resident status.  Her Canadian
passport with the visa attached, plus all instructions on how to actually
enter the US, will be mailed back to her in Toronto, to be received by
early next week.

    She now has 6 months to complete her move to the US.  We imagine it will
be in early January, though we are actually hopeful that she will be able to
visit in the meantime.

    Sorry for the delay in letting everyone know.  We were done at 10:10 AM,
but when we got back to the hotel, there had been a power outage right after
we left (7:05 AM approximately), and the computer networking was wiped out
until this morning.  I did eventually make a couple of phone calls (to let
the girls and my Dad know) last night.

    We will be in Montreal until tomorrow, drive back to Toronto in the
afternoon, then I will come back to Cleveland by Sunday night, as I have
classes in the morning.

    Hope to provide full details at the next chat...finally be able to
show up.

    *Rich -n- Rin*