[Coladam] Dying for an update

Ronald Mitchell bytehacker at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 9 19:40:56 CEST 2008

Hey Pam!

Sorry I haven't been on the chat lately. Miss you guys as well. Seems like every time Wednesday night rolls around, we're either out somewhere or there's something else going on to mess things up.

To update y'all, the wedding is Nov 8. My divorce becomes effective Oct 27, so we cut that pretty close. But it's all working out ok. The move was hectic, but thanks to some friends of Susan's and Budget rent a truck we managed to get it all done. Brought way too much stuff (again), and now have about 10 unopened boxes out in the workshop. If I haven't opened them in 6 months, out they go!.  I'm such a packrat. Anyway, have managed to get myself sorted out here and things are going really well. Many adjustments involved in going from single to married, and some of them have been a challenge to say the least. When you've living on your own for 18 years, you kinda get set in your ways. Some of that will certainly have to change.

On the plus side, I'm down 5 more lbs since moving in with Susan, and my blood sugar is well within normal range. My Doctor is overjoyed, and say to me, "whatever she's doing to you, tell her to keep on doing it!" <evil grin> There are considerable benefits to marrying a registered nurse.

Ok gang, I'll leave it at that. I'll be back on the chat as soon as I'm able, and I really do apologize for the long absence. Just seems like there are other priorities right now.

Cheers

Ron