[Coladam] Adamem SDL port

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 10 02:29:51 CEST 2008

Hey everyone...

I've been working on my ADAMEm SDL driver a bit more, and I've got
sound support working now! All three square tones and the noise
channel appear to be working properly. The only game that I've tried
which doesn't sound right is the game Squish 'Em Sam. In particular,
the "whoops" and the crack sound don't sound right. Everything else
I've tried sounds pretty accurate.

Currently the only target I have this built for is for Mac OS X.
Unlike my previous attempts at a universal binary, I think this one
will actually work right for PowerPC based Macs. Anyone that's
interested in this new version I can send a copy to, just let me know.
In particular, I'd love to have someone with a PowerPC based Mac try
this out for me. I should be able to test the sources on Linux and
Windows XP (and build an executable) soon.

OS X support is pretty good, but to launch games or load disk images
you still have to drive it through the CLI options... no GUI, but this
is something I'd like to work on next. The only major deficiency is
the keyboard mappings. I had mapped the Store/Get, Delete, Print, etc.
keys to the home, end, pageup, pagedown, delete, insert keys on a full
keyboard, but my Macbook doesn't have those. ;)

Later,

Geoff