[Coladam] What cartridge color to choose?

Daniel Bienvenu newcoleco at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 9 04:11:38 CET 2009

Hi! I'm looking here for your honnest opinion about coleco cartridges.

Some of you may know that there are new ColecoVision games every year since 1996. These games are made by some programmers, fan of the game system, in a mix of passion and challenge. Back in the 80s, not all the cartridges was black; in fact the fisherprice games are (normally) assembled in blue or red cartridges.

I have the opportunity to purchase new cartridges to publish a new game I want to release during the year 2010, maybe before if time allows it. To celebrate my 10 years of Coleco programming (started for real in feb-1999), I decided to do something different, using a different color of cartridge to mark this anniversary.

These are the possibilities and I'm asking you to answer this message before sunday, january 11, 2009.

Casing colors other than black :

- Green
- Red
- Navy blue
- Medium (sky) blue
- Yellow
- Gold

Transparent casings (polycarbonate) :

- Clear (no color)
- Green
- Red
- Navy blue
- Medium (sky) blue
- Yellow
- Smoke black

I personnaly want to try a clear transparent, but if you have another opinion on the subject, please let me know.