[Coladam] CV Prototype - Unreleased Game

David yyzonian at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 10:11:07 CET 2009

Made a contact with a guy who wanted his prized Coleco items in the hands of an aficionado rather than a dealer so I made a purchase.
Among some other amazing items was a fully playable prototype CV game. Googling the title and checking all sources I could find on unrelased CV games, I have not seen any reference to this one. Its called Fireman, published by an outfit called Nice Ideas. Found some info on Nice Ideas, apparently it was a branch of Mattel in France that produced a few games for both the Intellivision and Coleco. Two specific CV games they worked on apparently were Illusions and Burger Time. A lot of their stuff never made it to market from what I read.
Anyway, the point of my message is to ask if anyone in the Toronto area has expertise in dumping eproms. I want to ensure I get someone with some experience as I dont want to risk damage (I mean I could go out and buy my own eprom reader and fumble thru the process but that sounds like a recipe for disaster) nor do I want to deal with an unknown person who may proceed to make their own copy and then distribute it without my permission.
There were 2 other prototypes in the lot of 3, one is Frenzy but it looks like the final version to me, and a 3rd is Popeye, but I cant get it to play at all.
Lastly I see lots of screen shots of video games on the Net. I suppose with the ROM file you could play it on an emulator then use some PC software to capture the screen but have never done that, what is the best method here of getting some good screen shots?