[Coladam] Disk Drives

Mike Jacobs lst2001 at bresnan.net
Fri Feb 13 22:09:43 CET 2009

Joe,

I am using an old Packer Bell PC that boots from a 3.5 dos disk - drive A ( I've booted from DOS 3.3 and DOS 6.22). Drive b: is a 1.2Mb. Even If I try to fool setup and say its a 360k drive it still won't format anything but a HD/DS dish. So I am getting more convensed that the problem is the drive. I have some double sided disk drives in a spare PEB for my TI 99/4 so I hope If I replace the 1.2mb in the old PC with the TI Disk I'll get it to work.It going to take me several days to make the swap. If this works I'll let everyone know If I meet with success.

I feel sad that I trash a few hundred good 5.25 disk a few years back - thinking I'll never need them and no one would want them.

Mike