[Coladam] Disk Drives

Guy Bona-AdamEm Utilities adamemut at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 14 17:13:22 CET 2009

Mike,

I believe I know what the problem is. Are you setting the correct parameters when you are copying to and from an Adam disk? It should be the following:

For copying from an Adam disk to disk image:
Dcopy B: <C:drive\directoryname\filename>  /S:8 /H:1 /T:40

For copying disk image to an Adam disk:
dcopy <C:drive\directoryname\filename> B: /S:8 /H:1 /T:40

I have used a high density drive and have no problems with standard Adam disks which are 160K under DOS.

I wrote some batch files that will do this automatically. You will need qbasic as this is a qbasic/batch program and it will eliminate the guesswork when using dcopy parameters.

You can find them at my website  www.geocities.com/bong_3. Click on the Qbasic link towards the bottom of the page. I've also wrote some docs on the utilities as well. It is in Word 6.0 format which will work with any version of Word and Openoffice Writer.

Guy Bona