[Coladam] drive letters

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Sat Feb 21 11:22:42 CET 2009

OK, I've been trying to figure out how to transfer some basic programs and midi files off my PC and onto ADAM disks and suddenly, right under my nose, I find a program to do it.

PC2ADAM....duh...but there is a catch. It requires the ADAM disk be in drive A: and on both my computers, the 5.25" drive is my drive B:

I seem to remember in the distant past there used to be a command in DOS that would switch your A: and B: drive designations temporarily, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere so it may be part of a very old version of DOS and no longer valid. But does anyone remember what it was?

Also, I have been told that if I switch the order my drives are hooked to the cable inside my computer, this will change the drive letter for each drive -- although I don't remember this being a fact - it's been quite some time since I've messed with the innards of my computer. Does anyone know for sure before I open it up? My older computer I do this stuff on is really a pain to open up and close back up.

thanks

Joe B.