[Coladam] turning to your wisodom again...

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Mon Feb 23 19:36:36 CET 2009

OK, this isn't ADAM related, but I'm getting a strange message when I boot my computer up and I don't quite understand what's going on.

It says:

IDE Channel 1 no 80 conductor cable installed
Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

I don't understand the IDE reference since both my hard drives and both my DVD/CD drives appear to be functioning normally.

But my 3.5" & 5.25" floppy drives have been acting strange. They sometimes won't read disks or even format them. I don't use the floppy drives a whole lot on my main computer and I just noticed this yesterday.

I have checked to make sure the cables are plugged in tightly and nothing else is loose, but I still get the error message.

Any ideas?

thanks

Joe Blenkle