[Coladam] help again!

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Tue Feb 24 01:36:34 CET 2009

OK...this is getting frustrating. I am trying to run a program on my older PC from DOS called PC2ADAM. It was written by Chris Brayman, and among other things, it will transfer midi files off your PC to an ADAM formatted disk (either 160k or 320k).

But it only writes to an ADAM disk on Drive A:

I'm using a DOS program called ASSIGN.COM to fool the computer into thinking the 3.5" inch drive is Drive B: and the 5.25" drive is Drive A:

But while the computer might think A: is B: and B: is A:, the program is apparently smarter than that and still tries to access the 3.5" drive as A: when I run it.

Am I missing something or is this just impossible to do? I think you must need a dual drive 5.25" inch computer to have any hope of this program running.

Would there be any way of easily patching the program to look for Drive B: rather than A:?

NOTES: No, I can't switch the drives in BIOS. No, I can't switch the cable...the 2.5" drive apparently always wants to be A:

Hope I haven't confused you.

Thanks

Joe Blenkle