[Coladam] woot! Check this out!

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Thu Jun 11 08:08:43 CEST 2009

    I would say that it's worth having at almost any price, and poor man
> that I am, I would be willing to front some $$$ toward its purchase.  I
> have, however, never used eBay, so I am the wrong person to ask to bid
> on it.  Rin would kill me, but I would be willing to part with a bit more
> than the current $25ish US bid on it.

I suspect as the auction gets nearer to its end, the price is going to go way over $25. I have often bid on eBay items and it gets crazy the last half hour or so. I've literally had to keep watch on items every second to avoid getting outbid and I've outbid people in the closing seconds of an auction.

It's kind of senseless to bid on it now as it only serves to drive the price up and just because the current high bid may say, for example -- $25 -- (I haven't looked to see what it stands at now)...doesn't mean that bidder hasn't already bid $100 on it.

If the previous bid showed $25, I could bid $100 on it and the bid would only show $26...enough to best the previous bid...then if someone bid $50, my bid would automatically go to $51...and it would keep going up until my $100 I bid was exceeded.

It could be tricky getting this but it would be neat for someone in the group to get it and find out exactly what it is and what it does.

Joe B.