[Coladam] clearing up the mystery...

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Tue Jun 16 02:19:58 CEST 2009

I'm in need of the actual documentation for the Speech Synthesizer though...as I recall it was a little booklet that contained the various data statements you input into the Basic program so that the SS-CC would make words and various sounds. I have about 25 words from the HELLO program on the EVE SS-CC software...typically it looks like this:

10000 REM **** put data below

10010 DATA "Hello ",27,7,45,2,45,53

10013 DATA 99,"",99

10014 DATA "",4,4,99

10015 DATA " ",4,4,4,4,4,4,99

10020 DATA "I ",6,3,99

10025 DATA "am ",26,16,3,99

10030 DATA "your ",25,23,52,3,99

10035 DATA "ADAM ",26,33,21,26,16,3,99

10040 DATA "computer ",42,23,16,9,22,13,52,3,99

10045 DATA "",4,4,99

The words would appear on the screen as the ADAM spoke them. I'm sure a lot of words can be constructed through trial and error, but it would be a heck of a lot easier to have the original documentation. All I remember for sure is that 99 ends each data statement and 4 was a pause of a specified length...don't remember how long...