[Coladam] Holy Crap, Part II

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Wed Jun 17 11:58:09 CEST 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 12:48 AM, Joe Blenkle wrote:

> I see the final bids went:
>
> 22:39:57 - $170 (me)
> 22:40:23 - $186.55
> 22:40:24 - $256.64
> 22:40:10 - $377.77
> 22:40:24 - $701.24
> 22:40:25 - $711.24

     Yikes.  Well Joe, thanks very much for giving it a shot.
No way it is worth that much.  I think the only thing worth
that amount might be an actual wafer-drive stringy-floppy
prototype (assuming something functional ever existed, not
just the widely-rumored-to-be-a-mock-up thing in the famous
photo.

> Hope this guy didn't get a couple of paper weights!!!!

     Someone paying that much is never going to plug
them in to see what they do.  Either a real anal collector
or a speculator, who'll be in for a rude awakening when he
tries to resell them...

On Wed, June 17, 2009 4:39 am, Geoff Oltmans wrote:

> I am dumbfounded!

     Me too.

> Now the question becomes... will this
> buyer follow through, or will it end up relisted?

     I thought the bid was a contract. though not sure how
eBay polices that, aside from bonking the username associated
with the bogus bid.  If things resurface, I would consider
just contacting the seller directly and saying look, here's
$100 guaranteed, with an ADAM community behind it, just sell
it outright and be done with it.  Herman and George are probably
laughing at my naivete :-)

     Well, I grabbed some of the photos that were posted, they
can go into a virtual ADAM museum.  The stuff actually did exist,
and some fair speculations can be made about what it actually does.
Pity about not being able to get a complete chiplist, and more pity
about not being able to get a 68701 dump.

     Thanks to all...I guess now I am saved the trouble of explaining
to Rin where my $100 went :-S

     *Rich*