[Coladam] Well, we've learned something...

Frances and/or Richard Clee cleechez at tamcotec.com
Wed Jun 17 18:09:06 CEST 2009

but I confess I don't know what. At least to appearances, there are a
number of people out there who wanted the things really, really badly -
or a bunch of malicious phonies. Have to analyze the bidding structure
as far as we can and see what we can make of it.

I do wonder how many of the final bids are real. Does eBay go back down
the list and offer to the next highest when a "successful" bidder
reneges? Or is it close it off and start all over again?

If there are such fanatic collectors out there, why aren't Bob and I
rolling in wealth from our Adam inventories? You can't type "Adam" into
Google without or names coming up, and folks who had Adams have known of
s for 20 years and more.

So who would pay $711 for this and why? And given the way eBay operates
with "sufficient" bids, what were the intervening bids, if any?

This smells fishy enough to me that while I certainly feel we need to
put our ambitions on ice, maybe we should keep an eye open for a new
listing, or even contact the seller (geoff knows who it is) and tell her
when the house of cards collapses, we'll offer $75 cash on the line in a
private sale.

Which may all be fantasy dreaming, but that's my feelings.