[Coladam] Holy Crap, Part II

geoffrey oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 18 19:49:45 CEST 2009

Back to this again... I just sent this message to the seller. I figure he/she deserved some credit for being such a good sport in taking some pictures for us. A little goodwill goes a long way IMO. Maybe if they come across something like this they can give us first crack at it.

Kudos on the big ADAM sale! I am genuinely impressed! A group of fellow ADAM collectors were pooling some money together to bid on this thing. We had no idea that it would reach this high. We were interested mainly in figuring out what it did, reading out the code out of the microcontroller, capturing a schematic from it and whatnot. As is I'm guessing it's probably of more value to a hardcore collector (obviously) than as a working(nonworking?) piece.

I want to thank you again on behalf of the people in our ADAM mailing list for the more detailed pictures of the device. It looks like it may have been for prototyping the data drives, but we're not 100% sure. But at least with your help we got a closer look at it.

If you ever do come across something like this again in your scavenging hunts, please let us know! We're very interested in preserving as much info as we can about the ADAM (and also Coleco Vision).