[Coladam] Adam Prototype

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 5 20:46:29 CEST 2009

Yeah. I don't know if you were on the list at the time or not, but
there was a group of us on the list that were pooling some money to
bid on the thing. We wanted to see what the deal with this piece of
hardware was as well, maybe capture the schematic and read out the
firmware for analysis. I've got a device programmer/reader at work
that's good for the 68701 MCUs.

There were a couple of puzzling things to us about the device. Firstly
it has the adamnet connector on the board, which obviously you'd need
to plug into the adamnet (if it is indeed an adamnet device). Then of
course is the big DB-36 connector...what plugs into that? It looks
like there's a few tone generators/decoder parts on the board, so that
might indicate that it plugged into a prototype DDP drive (or maybe
the microwafer...who knows).

Then there's the expansion port connector. There's a few connections
to that as well. I assume most of it is to power the board itself, but
there were a few other connections too. I wanted to analyze the
pictures and figure out what signals are on the top of the board to
the edge connector for a better idea.