[Coladam] July 8th, 2009... tooth and money problem... I'm afraid!

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Thu Jul 9 16:10:04 CEST 2009

Daniel...root canals are usually done because the root of your tooth has
become infected. The procedure kills the nerve so you no longer feel any
pain in that tooth. Then the dentist drills into your tooth (actually into
the root of the tooth), cleans it out, and fills it with a special compound.
Good as new!!! When I had my last one done, my primary dentist freaked me
out because the tooth I had it done on already had a crown on it and they
had to drill through that to get to my tooth. When he went to repair the
crown, he didn't inject me with anything to numb it and I'm sitting there
thinking, "...ummm...didn't you forget something...like to numb the frickin'
tooth?!?!?"...well, of course he didn't forget...I just didn't need it
numbed because there's no longer any nerve in the tooth to feel any pain. At
that point, you can pretty much do anything to it and you won't feel it.

Joe B.