[Coladam] Disk Drive noises and fix

David yyzonian at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:30:18 CEST 2009

I have the same issue from time to time that I do the same thing for, and that is to shut it down for a while then it likely wont re-occur for some time. i dont think I would go to the extreme of surgery to attempt a fix.

I never had one where I attempted to swap mechanisms, I would only do so if I wanted to upgrade it to a 320K drive and there is more to it than just swapping mechanisms. But come to think of it, one of my 320K upgraded drives is one that does the grinding!!

David Hill